Essential Oils for Dogs and Cats By Skye Patterson is a quick reference guide to using pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils and all-natural supplements to support dogs and cats. It covers many health conditions and wellness challenges, offering suggestions for supporting healthy body systems, immune response, and cellular health.
- 60 health challenges for dogs and cats.
- How to use essential oils safely for dogs and cats.
- Safe essential oils for dogs.
- Safe essential oils for cats.
- Oils that are not safe for dogs.
- Oils that are not safe for cats.
- Use of natural supplements for health support of dogs and cats.
- Different ways to safely use essential oils for dogs and cats: topical, aromatic, and internal application.
- Why it is important to choose truly pure essential oils that do not include synthetics, additives, and toxic residues.
Note: This Dog and Cat Reference Card correlates with the book and works as an introductory handout (and bookmark) for new distributors and contacts on how to apply essential oils and blends to dogs and cats.
Slip this handy bookmark into your copy of Essential Oils for Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition, to match generic blend names in the book with corresponding dōTERRA® brand names!
Skye Patterson has loved and been loved by many dogs, cats, and other pets throughout her life. Her lifelong passion has been learning the best ways to keep her beloved companions healthy and providing them the best care possible. Although not a veterinarian, Skye completed one year of nursing training that gave her a valuable foundation of basic scientific and medical knowledge. She called upon this background when she started researching the ailments that were plaguing her two Italian greyhounds, who were not responding to conventional Western medical treatment for seizures, irritable bowel disorder, allergies, and liver failure.
That research 22 years ago convinced Skye that diet was a major contributing factor to her dogs’ diseases, and she switched them to a completely raw diet, long before the current trend toward raw foods. Immediately, her dogs’ health issues were greatly improved, and most problems were resolved.
In 2011, Skye was introduced to the use of pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. After using them herself for six months and experiencing amazing health improvements, she wanted to use them to help her dogs with their health issues. Discovering a dearth of reliable information on using essential oils on dogs and cats, she began her own research.