NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DOGS
- Wintergreen (can irritate gut)
- Melaleuca (tea tree oil) (may cause extreme lethargy, loss of hind leg control, vomiting or fever)
- Thyme (hot oil but may be used short term for with heavy dilution) (E)
- Cinnamon (use with heavy dilution) (E)
- Clove (except when heavily diluted for post oral surgery discomfort) (E)
- Oregano (except when supporting dog challenged with Parvo – with heavy dilution) (E)
- Soothing Blend (contains wintergreen)
- Purifying Blend (contains melaleuca (tea tree oil))
- Renewing Blend
- Uplifting Blend
- Any blends that contain melaleuca/tea tree oil or wintergreen. (See additional precautions in the next section.)
For puppies younger than 3 dilute heavily: same as for dogs under 10 lbs. guideline.
For puppies aged 3-6 months, dilute 1 drop of essential oil with 2 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil.
For pregnant, old, or sick dogs, use with caution and dilute.
For dogs prone to seizures, do not use:
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree Oil)
- Tansy (Blue Tansy is okay)
- Soothing Blend (has camphor & wintergreen)
- Protective Blend (has eucalyptus)